Site Model colour (3D Fill) won't change

Michal Zarzecki

Question

Hi guys,

I've seen posts on a similar issue years ago but I can't seem to get it work in v2022.

Basically, my Site Model refuses to change colour, no matter if I set 3D Fill manually or to by class (and having assigned that class, obviously) - it stays green. 

Should nothing work, is there a quick way to generate a 3D view (e.g. in shaded mode) without any colour (i.e. everything to be white)? I need to submit a competition entry including a colourless 3D axonometric view, but I struggle to manage the colours. I am sure I was able to do that before, hence my surprise it doesn't respond now. It's a side query, but how to quickly change colour of generated trees/ plants? Do I have to edit 3D components and set them to solid white - one by one?

Many thanks for help.

6 answers to this question

I had/have the same problem  - I actually contacted support last November & stil have no answer to this problem from them.

I like my site model to have a lawn (rendered) & It just would not work. It had in the past BTW

If I log out & sign back in it sometimes allows me to change into rendered mode, however this is not the solution & v annoying 

Try logging out - sign back in & see if this helps 

I have VW 2023 

I was just speaking with VW and they advised that the 3D fill is actually not controlled by a colour fill but a texture - very counterintuitive.

I was advised to navigate to Render tab in the OIP and choose a texture from there. I haven't checked yet, but I suppose this can be controlled by class as well - as long as it has a desired texture assigned. For solid colour, a texture representing one has to be either selected from the available stock or a custom one created.

10 hours ago, Michal Zarzecki said:

I was just speaking with VW and they advised that the 3D fill is actually not controlled by a colour fill but a texture - very counterintuitive.

I was advised to navigate to Render tab in the OIP and choose a texture from there. I haven't checked yet, but I suppose this can be controlled by class as well - as long as it has a desired texture assigned. For solid colour, a texture representing one has to be either selected from the available stock or a custom one created.

Strange advice from the mothership.

You can go to the site model settings, go to graphics settings, and change the 3D Triangles fill to white (or any color) and achieve what you wish.

textures are a great option for aerials or overlaying hand drawn graphics, but unnecessary file bloat for a simple color fill.

• Like 1

This needs to be fixed...along with all the other mounting problems created when VW accelerated its major release schedule from "when it's ready" to "every year, no matter what." I doubt they have doubled their staff, so we are paying the price in an increasingly buggy app. It used to be rock solid, now it's up there with the awful Adobe products.