Graphic Legend only shows 1 cell.

I want to try these fancy new graphic legends - so I set up a simple door legend to show the doors on my 'new door' class (A-BLDG-GLAZ-NEW).

There are 5 doors in the new door class.

But even though the criteria is showing 5 objects that meet criteria, the number of cells is still only one.

image.thumb.png.f20334e2205668f1734955800c801981.png

Do I have the legend set to a single cell only somewhere?

• Like 1

Thanks @Hans-Olav

I do have multiple sizes and styles.

I tried to add a "count" to the legend, but couldn't find it in the "define dynamic text" menu under the "#door#" object name.

I did add a "symbol name" to the legend and it updates as" no symbol chosen".

I'm attaching a reduced file (see attached Graphic legend.vwx) to see if anyone can take a look.

Thanks!

Graphic legend.vwx

776178761_Graphiclegend.vwx

It is summarizing all the doors with the same Door ID. Since all the doors are D-01 you are only getting one cell. Change the Door IDs and and you should get one cell for each different ID.

Or edit the style and change it to report on something other than ID. In the example below I have changed it to report by Width and I get 3 cells.

image.png.9b701d3636348f643a3214579ee14700.png

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Pat

I think I have my own answer ... It is quite convoluted how the Define Legend Source Works in this case. 

(If you are able to Speak French, it is easy to go to Paris. But until you learn to speak French...)

Confusion:  

Knowing that there are a set number of Symbols that The Graphic Legend should reference / represent (10 in this case)

Seeing different Number of Cells in the Define Legend Source dialog box dependent on the Report By selection.

One number, 5, you assume represents only a single instance of each Symbol in the file (Resource Manager) the other being, 10, the total Symbol count on the only design layer. When selecting Symbol as the Legend Source from the Define Legend Source dialog box. Note: there is no additional delineation in this example.

As you want the Graphic Legend to show ALL 10 Symbols on the drawing, reverse logic, and the Report By selection should be the one that appears to represent only the 5 Symbol  ie:a single instance of each Symbol.

Further Confusion in the Sum Values  check box in the Define Dynamic Text dialog box, under Value Display. It does NOT need to be selected to have the Graphic Legend Cell  sum total instances of the specific Symbol with the Cell Layout Data (Text) Function defined as Count-#CT#.

¿ This appears to be the reverse of what would be needed in a Worksheet ?  ... the Sum Values  check box only alters the text in the Cell, not the combining of matching Cells (Symbols)?

Additionally, while the Summation of Cells appears to be automatic, it did not occur, (as in your reply above...) even with Graphic Legend Recalculate button in the OIP, until VW 2023 SP5 was shut down and restarted. (Possibly another Inexplicable aggravating anomaly)

My take ...

Peter

Peter