Vectorworks 2022 not opening - MacOS 13.2 Ventura

Ted L Clifton

Question

After installing the latest Mac OS, Ventura v13.2, Vectorworks 2022 will not open.  I get a message saying the program is damaged, and I should move it to trash.  Apple is not aware of any issues with compatibility with VW 2022.  I have already spent more than four hours in on-line chat and with an Apple upper-level tech support pseron on the phone.  For various reasons, I had opted NOT to upgrade to 2023, but that seems to be the only version I can download from Vectorworks.  I have tried importing my 2022 WV in from my Time machine backup, and it also says it has been damaged, and must be thrown away.  What do I need to do to function again?

4 answers to this question

On 2/3/2023 at 6:48 AM, JuanP said:

if the problem persist, please contact Tech support. 

Clearly this is an issue that hasn't been resolved. I installed MacOS Ventura today and all versions of Vectorworks on my machine are giving me a "damaged" message. I know some of the versions are probably not compatible but even Vectorworks 2023 gives me the message. All my other software seems fine.

Kevin

Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 1.48.27 PM.png

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Like 1

I got the same thing. The solution seems to be to go to: Apple Menud - System Settings - Privacy & Security - Full Disk Access and then add the Vectorworks application to the list of applications that are allowed full access to the disk. I enabled for the Vectorworks Installer as well (as added insurance). My application works fine now and I don't get the error anymore after allowing the full disk access and reinstalling the software as insurance to get things to work.

• Like 1