2D Symbols Disappear after Ungrouping a Landscape Area

jmccain8

Hi Everyone,

Using Vectorworks Landmark 2022 (2D planting plan), Windows 10 Pro 

I used to be able to ungroup Landscape Areas in order to shift some of the symbols around for a more fine-tuned 2D planting plan. When I've tried this recently, the plant symbols disappear, and I am only left with a grid of bird's-foot-like marks. 

I've attached a small sample of a Landscape Area and one of the same area after it has been ungrouped. This has been happening for the past couple of months and on several different drawings.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and if there is something I can do to get it to work again?

Thanks for your help,

James

Landscape Area.jpg

Landscape Area - Ungrouped.png

Hi Pat,

When selected, it is a locus. After selecting the Landscape Area, I selected 'Yes' to 'Are you sure you want to ungroup high-level objects?'. When I go to select the ungrouped Landscape Area which has been converted to Group with the grid of bird's-feet. When I Ungroup this Group, the area is converted to 317 3D Loci.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ungroup Landscape Area.jpg

Object Info - Shape Group.jpg

Object Info - Shape Group 3D Loci.jpg

On 1/17/2023 at 8:11 AM, jmccain8 said:

Using Vectorworks Landmark 2022

I just tried replicating this behavior on 2022 SP5 & SP6 on Mac OS...

...and experienced the same results as you.

FYI - This does not happen on 2023 or 2021.

I skipped 2022 for mysteries just like this one 🙂

Edited by jeff prince
  • Like 2

Unfortunately I am stuck with 2022 for awhile. I upgraded just for this plant-defined landscape area tool, which used to work wonderfully whenever I wanted to ungroup and tweak placement a bit. Ironic that this no longer works! 

I'll report the bug and hope it gets prioritized, as there are other threads with users wishing for more flexibility in tweaking placement after using this tool to rapidly fill in large planting areas.

Thank you very much for your time, Jeff!

James

• Like 1