Bug? Seems to be related to the Title Block Border

Ramon PG

Question

12 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I think we need more information about the problem.

Is it that it is printing two blank pages at the beginning? Or are the pages there but the "preliminary" mark is huge and the drawing is tiny? Or something else?

It prints precisely what is shown, a tiny sheet with large border coordinates (A, B, C... 1, 2, 3...) coordinates and the "Preliminary". The sheet layer also shrinks in VWs, but restarting the application fixes the issue.

This is what I see when I go back to VWs... and then have to delete the border and repaste it from another sheet layer.

image.png.33bfcaf60e072fc5563940c2b96cdf47.png

image.thumb.png.b1036ec1f2d60f30c7d1345ea6514059.png

Edited by Ramon PG

Are you using the same TBB on Design Layers? Or only on Sheet Layers?

Are you using a TBB Style?

What is the setting for the text size of the Drawing Stamp in the style or the Title block.  Since Text is world based, it could be something to do with the layer scale if you are placing on Design Layers.

Can you put the TBB into a clean file with just a few objects and duplicate the issue?

I definitely see the issue. The font size for the Data Stamp object has gotten set to 3072 point. I am not certain why that is, but try the following:

Edit the Title Block Layout. Select the Data Stamp text object and delete it.  This should also turn off the Use Data Stamp option in the Title Block Border Settings. Edit those and turn the Data Stamp back on. Edit the layout again to put the Data Stamp object where you want it to be.

You should be able to now Copy/Paste the TBB and not have the huge font sizes.

If you make a Style out of that TBB (New Plug-in Style from Unstyle Plug-in from the Style pull down in the OIP), you can then apply the style with the "known" good font size to any TBB that has the problem and it should fix it.

HTH.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I definitely see the issue. The font size for the Data Stamp object has gotten set to 3072 point. I am not certain why that is, but try the following:

Edit the Title Block Layout. Select the Data Stamp text object and delete it.  This should also turn off the Use Data Stamp option in the Title Block Border Settings. Edit those and turn the Data Stamp back on. Edit the layout again to put the Data Stamp object where you want it to be.

You should be able to now Copy/Paste the TBB and not have the huge font sizes.

If you make a Style out of that TBB (New Plug-in Style from Unstyle Plug-in from the Style pull down in the OIP), you can then apply the style with the "known" good font size to any TBB that has the problem and it should fix it.

HTH.

I'll check on that in the weekend and report. I much appreciate your help.