Line thickness

Ragnar

Question

I have been pondering this for quite some time. Thin lines stay thin and thick lines become obese, when zooming out.

Is there a setting?

Here is the facts. The grid is set to 1 000 mm. Lines are 2 000 mm. Drawing them they all look OK compared to each other. Zooming out however...

Picture nr 1. "Normal"

Picture nr 2. Zoomed out. The thicker lines swells.

Picture nr 3. I enlarged picture nr 2

What can I do to not have this problem?

Skärmavbild 2022-12-05 kl. 09.20.08.png

Skärmavbild 2022-12-05 kl. 09.20.28.png

Skärmavbild 2022-12-05 kl. 09.22.10.png

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Tom W. said:

The setting is Zoom Line Thickness which is toggled on + off via the magnifying glass icon quick pref on the View Bar. You currently have it disabled. When enabled the lines will display with their true line weight.

OMG !!!  Thank you!

Also, screen and print resolution will determine how thin of a line you can draw.

Most screens today are running at something around 100 pixels per inch effective resolution.

So 1 pixel = 0.01 inches.  1 inch = 25.4 mm. So 1 pixel is about 0.25 mm.  So effectively on screen your 0.05, 0.13, 0.18, 0.25 mm lines will all show as a single pixel wide when you are at 100% zoom.

But if you are printing on a printer with 600 dpi (dots per inch), the thinest line will be

1 inch / 600 dots = 0.0017 inches = .042 mm.

So in a print you can have lines all the way down to your 0.05mm and see the diffference between all of the different sizes.

HTH

• Like 1