Worksheet Failure

Artscape Design Ltd

Question

I have accurate plant schedules relating to three separate layers for different garden beds.  When I create a worksheet on the masterplan that includes all three layers of plant numbers if it coming up zero.  In my criteria I add all three layers plus plant records.   I would like to know why it is not selecting each layer so I can get a total number of plants.  

Thanks for your help. 

Wendy

7 answers to this question

You problem is in line 1.  You have to change it to "ANY criteria in this set" and add the appropriate design layers.

Or, have you tried this method, using a "is not" statement and listing your design layers:

Really, a list of layers to use with an "any criteria" is quicker and more reliable than an "is not" method, especially if you build a graphic plant schedule on another design layer  IMHO.  I wouldn't use classes for this task as it could create more errors and confusion without careful management, design layers are superior and simpler.

Edited by jeff prince
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Artscape Design Ltd said:

Every time I try that over 10000 items meet criteria and it crashes the program.  

10 hours ago, Artscape Design Ltd said:

I have made a new clean file, created two layers and pasted in the planting only.  When I do a total schedule with the 'any' criteria selected it works!  

Maybe there is a reason why it is picking up 100000 items in my original file.  There certainly aren't that many plants! 

criteria.png

If you set the above criteria to 'any' in line 1 it will return all the objects on those layers not just the Plants as you will be basically asking VW to search for objects which either have the Plant Record present, or are on the L302 layer, or are on the L303 layer, or are on the L304 layer.

Instead you need this criteria:

1796771180_Screenshot2022-11-21at09_33_15.thumb.png.0ba5c44527bf57111f8f5fc7f9c93e6e.png

Now you are only searching for objects with the Plant Record present which are located on either of those 3 layers.

• Like 1