Door tags

Ramon PG

Question

16 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

Maybe you know the answer to this... How can I double click a Space Tag and have it edit the Space name? I double click it, the Edit Tag Data dialog appears, but it doesn't work. 

image.png.fe058760d6a7fcab5d564140798be5bf.png

It seems that if you use the '#11_Name#' parameter instead of '#11_NameDisplay#' you can edit the Space name via the Data Tag:

663903314_Screenshot2022-11-09at17_11_07.png.7c90f7eccd1558f74a476526f444f115.png

I don't know what function of the '#11_NameDisplay#' parameter is: why you'd use it over the other one. Someone else will know. @Nikolay Zhelyazkov?

Space.'11_Name' is are the values displayed in the Name popup in the OIP

Space.'11_Space Name Cust' is the custom name that has been typed into the OIP.

If you set the Space Names to Custom and then set the field to Space Name Cust you should be able to come up with a tag that will allow you to type in the name you want. But I have not tried it.

Sorry for using Vectorscript Record.Field notation rather than the Data Tag # notation.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

If you set the Space Names to Custom and then set the field to Space Name Cust you should be able to come up with a tag that will allow you to type in the name you want. But I have not tried it.

Sorry for using Vectorscript Record.Field notation rather than the Data Tag # notation.

Of course thank you! '11_NameDisplay' is for when you are using a custom space name.

7 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Space.'11_Space Name Cust'  does not work, at least in my setup. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

I thought we were talking about Data Tags. This was your original question:

Yes, I originally started with a Door Tag question. Then I asked about how to use the Edit Tag Data dialog to edit the Space Worksheet. Same issue, but neither work for me.

1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

It does work, but only Worksheet > Space Object > Space, but not the other way around, which would be the most useful.

Maybe I copied/wrote it wrong the first time. I apologize, and thank everyone for you prompt replies always.