Door Schedule: Double door leaf width

Christiaan

Question

When showing leaf width on door schedules, how do you deal with double doors? Is there any way to show the leaf width of double doors as "2x 533" instead of a whole number like 1034?

In the past I've just manually masked over the worksheet with the figures I want to show, but in this case the contractor has asked for a spreadsheet file. I could manually edit that file before sending it, but I thought I'd check if others had found a better way?

863003880_Screenshot2022-05-11at09_10_22.png.72df656268cc00c7ab2307280c3754b9.png

Edited by Christiaan

10 answers to this question

Try manually entering the following formula instead of using the formula builder.

=IF(Door.config='Swing Bi-Part', CONCAT('2 x ', 'Door'.'DoorWidth'/2), CONCAT('Door'.'DoorWidth'))

Alternatively you could make the doors be "Unequal Leaf", but set the leafs to the same width and use

=IF('Door'.'Config'='Swing Bi-part', CONCAT('2 x ', 'Door'.'FixedLeafWidth'), 'Door'.'Width')

The second formula will get you "numbers" for single width doors and text for double doors. The first gets text for both cases.

• Love 1
On 5/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Try manually entering the following formula instead of using the formula builder.

=IF(Door.config='Swing Bi-Part', CONCAT('2 x ', 'Door'.'DoorWidth'/2), CONCAT('Door'.'DoorWidth'))

By the way, for double doors I had to use:

=IF(Door.config='Double Leaf', CONCAT('2x ', 'Door'.'DoorWidth'/2), CONCAT('Door'.'DoorWidth'))

• Like 1

You are right Christiaan, there is text completion for the formulas.  But than only helps if you already know what they are.

You can use that to help make sure you spell it right if you already know what you want.  But how would you know there are both Height and DoorHeight fields?

Also that does not tell you what the possible values are only the field names.

The script in the attached file generates a worksheet listing every field in the PIO record of the first selected PIO directly on the active layer. So it won't work with a Door in Wall, but it will work with a Door on the design layer.  With this at least you have a complete list and all you have to do is figure out which one you want.

HTH

• Like 1

To piggy back off this thead I used a similar formula to format on my worksheet for bipart doors , though one issue Im running into the formula doesn't keep the dimension formating. Is there an additional line of code I need to add or is this a limitation of worksheets?

=IF(Door.config='Swing Bi-Part', CONCAT('(2)', 'Door'.'DoorWidth'/2), 'Door'.'DoorWidth')

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 9.59.24 AM.png

The Concat is converting the data to text rather than a number.

Since the value you want in the cell can't be a number you will need to format the DoorWidth/2 to include the units before you do the concat.

I THINK that

=IF(Door.config='Swing Bi-Part', CONCAT('(2)', TXT('Door'.'DoorWidth'/2,'FeetNInches','Frac','1/8')), 'Door'.'DoorWidth')

Will give you what you want.  You may want top change the fraction rounding at the end of the TXT line to something other than 1/8".

Details and some examples on the TXT function are available in the Worksheet Function Reference on the Developer site at. https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php?title=Worksheet_Functions

HTH