Template files and managing Title Block Borders

Christiaan

Question

I have a template file which I've purged of all existing Record Formats, however when I open a new file from the template and add a Title Block Border, it says a Format named "Title Block Sheet Data" already exists in the current document...

(I want to remove title block borders from my template files, so I only have one place in our Library to manage title block borders).

Edited by Christiaan

7 answers to this question

Yes I did, but the Title Block Sheet Data format doesn't come up as a purgeable format.

To add to the confusion, I noticed that when placing a Title Block Border in a new file from my template the Title Block Border Document Options weren't being transmitted to the new file. The only thing I could think to do was to place the Title Block Border in the new file, set the Document Options, remove the Title Block Border, and then save that as my template file.

A few things came out of this:

1. This did indeed fix the Title Block Border Document Options problem

2. After placing and removing the Title Block Border there were still no special formats to purge

3. Now when I open a new file from the template file and place a Title Block Border, I don't get the "Title Block Sheet Data" already exists message.

27 minutes ago, Christiaan said:

A few things came out of this:

1. This did indeed fix the Title Block Border Document Options problem

2. After placing and removing the Title Block Border there were still no special formats to purge

3. Now when I open a new file from the template file and place a Title Block Border, I don't get the "Title Block Sheet Data" already exists message.

Actually, there is a format that can be purged after doing this (called Title Block Border), and if I purge it problem number 1 comes back, but problem number 3 stays away. 🤯

Edited by Christiaan

What I'm trying to achieve here is am updated template file without the Title Block Border, so I only have one place in our Library to manage the Title Block Border.

To get this to work smoothly:

1. Open template file

1. Purge any Title Block Styles and Title Block Border formats.

2. Place up to date Title Block Border on a layer and set the Title Block Border Document Options.

3. Delete Title Block Style objects, but leave the Title Block Border format in file.

4. Save file as template

Edited by Christiaan
16 minutes ago, markdd said:

Why do you need to leave the Title Block border format in the Template file at all? Do the Title Block Border Document Options get stored with the Title Block Border object?

No it seems not. Any setting that you don't set by Style also has this problem (Document Options can't be set by Style)

Edited by Christiaan