site modifiers

mdarch

I'm trying to modify a sloping site, but all I get from my pad is a narrow band that is cut out along the perimeter of the pad, and in the middle the existing site pokes up. I've got the existing model switched off (BTW, any simple way to do this? I've put it on a class that is turned off, but is there another way to do this?)

The end result looks like a trench dug along the edges and back of the pad where it is below ground level.

Using VWA 11.5

Even when the Pad& Fence are correctly positioned, there's a transition between elevations which is often not very pretty or accurate depending on the depth of the cut difference between two pads. This is both a nuisance and unavoidable with the limitations of the DTM in v11.5. Most Site-Modified Symbols require tweeking one way or another before they care presentationally sufficient.

Once the modified site is verified as 'good2go' then enter the hybrid symbol and have at it. Eachtime you update via DTM the changes to the symbol are lost.

I've found that the problem was that the pad polygon was not rectilinear. I assumed any shaped polygon would work, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The manual just says they need to br "planar", which I take to mean having no depth.

But triangular shapes for example don't seem to work.

Mike