VW 11- Viewports won't print

jfmarch

Hello all- I have noticed this problem occasionally, but now I have a file where it is a nuisance. I have a sheet with 3 viewports on it. One is the titleblock and the other two are plans- floor and ceiling. The titleblock prints fine, but the others don't show up. I have tried deleteing them and recreating them. I notice that before I crop the floor plan it will plor fine. The crop is a rotated rectangle classed as 'none'. Any siggestion as to why I am having this issue? Thanks.

Since I first posted I have been able to create PDF's of the sheets, and can plot those. But the extra step is not efficient. I am really wondering if the rotated crops are an issue. So, again, any response would be appreciated.

[ 11-22-2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: jfmarch ]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

JFM, why do you have the titleblock in a viewport? This is an unusual workflow and may be contributing to your problem. The usual practice is to have the titleblock as a symbol or a PIO directly on the sheet layer (i.e., not in a VP).

Also, since this is not an "Architect specific" issue, you may get more eyes looking at it if you post it in the "general" section...

Using titleblocks in viewports is not that unusual and has many benefits for those not using Architect.

The standard procedure is to create a project specific title block drawing with different notes etc in different classes, and WGR that into the active file, then create viewports from that layer. Class visibilities lets you turn different sections on and off.

If anything on the project block changes, it is a single edit to update all the linked sheets.

With regards to your problem though, I have no idea what the problem is! Do the plans plot OK with the titleblock viewports turned off?

quote:

Originally posted by jfmarch:

Thank you Robert, I have posted it in that section. The titleblock is simply our standard with VP's. It 'references' out titleblock and sheet layer for that particular sheet view. It has always worked fine.

I would strongly suggest you take a look at the Issue Manager. Just one minor revision to half the sheets on a set and you'll be glad...