why use issue manager?

since the title block is a symbol, anything you want to show up on all the sheets just put in the symbol. anything for the sheet only, type right on the sheet. i am in a new office that uses the issue manager and i hate it. how does one change font, style size, etc. and if one makes a mistake they have to correct it in the data pane of the oip!? am i missing something?

yes, i think you are missing something. If you use the Issue Manager then you can correct all the title blocks from the issue manager. the issue manager allows you to add an issue note to all the drawings at the same time as well.

as for the font size and style, these are set in the symbol. if you want to change the font, change it in the symbol. But if you are in an office, surely you should be having the title blocks consistent, so you want everyone to use the same title block...

If you have access to my Architect Tutorial there is a section there on how to make your own custom title block and then make it issue manager friendly.

Most Titleblock symbols contain both "changeable" as well as "static" information.

Static = company logo, copyright notice, etc.

Semi-static = project name, address, etc. As you point out, this info can be controlled by making changes in the symbol, but it can also be managed through the Issue Manager.

Sheet-specific = Sheet name/number & description, scale, etc. You can't change this in the symbol, unless you had a different symbol for every sheet. You could, of course, have a text block on each sheet for this info. . .or you can use Issue Manager to oversee this info as well.

Issue-specific = Release date/ID. Could also be addressed directly in the symbol. . .or via Issue Manager.

Since the last three are consolidated into a single (three-part) dialog, most find it much more straightforward to use Issue Manager. You can, obviously, do without if you prefer. But I suspect that if you had your title symbol properly set up, you might find Issue Manager to be your friend. Do check out Jonathan's tutorial.

Good luck,

[ 05-10-2005, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Travis ]