2022 SP2--Hidden Line/Shadows

The shading is coming from the Shaded render mode you have set for the Background Render. If you don't want that at all, you can just set the Background Render to Hidden Line and Foreground Render to nothing.

Or, if you're wanting some of the Ambient Occlusion from Shaded mode, or a more subtle sense of shading but not with so much gray, you could try clicking the Lighting Options button in the Viewport's OIP and turning the Ambient Brightness up towards 100% (the amount will depend on the other lighting in your scene).

Or, if you put all of the Light objects in your scene on a class, then turn off that class in the Viewport, Shaded render mode will render almost white when around 35% Ambient Brightness, due to the Default Light that illuminates the scene where there are no Light objects present.

Additionally, with an up-to-date rendered Viewport you also have the ability to turn on Image Effects (bottom of the OIP) to further fine tune the look of a raster rendering.

Let us know how it turns out.

• Like 1
On 12/24/2021 at 10:23 PM, ParkerJames said:

THese suggestions have given me stuff to play with, but as of yet--I haven't managed to achieve the desired result.

I don't want the shading, but I do want shadows. I don't think I was clear about that.

This is what I am looking for.

1722346891_ScreenShot2021-12-24at4_19_50PM.thumb.png.475f06245dda517f7d7d245c2f96a85d.png

Try using Lines + Shadows (Artistic Renderworks) as the Background Render + Hidden Line as the foreground. In Lines + Shadow settings, set edge thickness to 0.05 + colour to black. Set the shadow colour to whatever strength/colour grey you want to get the desired intensity of shadow.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Try using Lines + Shadows (Artistic Renderworks) as the Background Render + Hidden Line as the foreground. In Lines + Shadow settings, set edge thickness to 0.05 + colour to black. Set the shadow colour to whatever strength/colour grey you want to get the desired intensity of shadow.

I just saw this and thank you--I will try that tomorrow! Now its time for some football.

🙂

• 2 weeks later...