Wallopenings

I think this still puts in a window, i want to make a opening of various forms, oval or round for instance. Isn't there a specified tool to make holes without a window or door placed? The biggest problem is that the wall loses it's filling in 2d-plan (solid, pattern or hatch)

Not quite any shape - re- entrant corners will not work.

For example if you have a 6 pointed star shape it will cut a hexagonal opening in the wall.

I only discovered this limitation when I tried to model up an 'L' shaped door/window unit. The opening truncated across the re-entrant corner. I even tried inserting a 3D locus at that point but it made no difference.

Femestate - Round and Oval windows are not possible with the NNA window plug-in.

Thus it sounds like it would be worth you learning how to create your own 2D / 3D hybrid door and window symbols. Then you will be able to do almost anything with doors and windows.

For example you can create splays to openings by including appropriately shaped perimeters to your windows. Give these the same class as your walls and in OpenGL and RenderWorks renders they will blend into the wall.

[ 03-19-2005, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

quote:

Originally posted by Femestate:

In witch directory or on what palet may I find this, I'm using a dutch version and 'cased opening' is probably renamed. Thx in advance

The Cased Opening is not a separate tool or menu item. It is a selection within the Door or Window Tool. Look for the Config. Pull-Down Menu within the Door or Window Preference or OIP where you set such configurations as Simple Swing, Bi-Fold, Pocket, Casement, Double Hung, and of course Cased Opening.