Fills not showing colors in viewport

KBallantyne

Question

I have been doing this for a long time and now all of a sudden when I apply a rectangle with a color over an area, like making diagrams, the color appears in the fill box but not in the drawn rectangle.  I assume this is a silly selection somewhere and I'm struggling.  Any help?

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

Check that those rectangles are either set to not use Class Fill Opacity in the Attributes Palette, or that the Class Fill Opacity is set to where you want it to be.

For the questions on sending a file, hover over their name in the left sidebar and then when the detail information and menus pop up click the Message button. This will let you create a message to just that person instead of posting to the forum for everyone to see.

• Like 1

Thank you for that.  One of those very frustrating issues you know is just one silly toggle away from resolution. Now, why can't I adjust the opacity of the fill?  I mean, I've done this on all manner of projects, and now it seems I must have fiddled with something that has now altered all of the cool stuff I was able to easily do.'

Thanks

I'm not seeing the opacity issue on the file I downloaded. See video.

What can happen sometimes, I have found, that viewport annotations can not be edited if the class they are on in the main window is not set to visible. They can be seen in the vp because the class they are on in the vp is set to visible but if that class is off in the main window then they can't be edited.

i.e., for the rectangle, check the class "A-ANNO-DIMS" is set to visible in both the vp and the main window.

If this isn't the issue then perhaps repost the file that it's not working with?

Cheers

If anyone else comes across this issue and it isn't any of the above.....check that you've actually selected annotation and not crop when double clicking the viewport for dialogue box. It was a late night!