waynelocke

Solid Subtraction Locked

Question

Why and how did my solid subtraction become locked so that I cannot fillet the edges? How do I unlock it? I have right clicked and unlocked to no avail. I have also gone through all of the editing screens unlocking. What gives?

3 answers to this question

Copy and paste into a new file and try the filet there. If it still does not work, post the simple file here for us to take a look at.

Have you restarted VW? Sometimes closing and reopening the file or restarting VW can clear a stance problem like this.

I followed your advice and restarted VW 2020 then Copy and pasted into a new file. Same thing. What does solid subtraction locked mean? What is the purpose?

Anyway here is the file. It is just a small item to 3d print. More aggravating than anything.HG_2.vwx

Thanks for looking.

1. I don't know what Solid Selection - Locked means.

2. It opens and filets fine in VW2021SP2.

3. If you remove the three holes, filet the rest of the handle and then resubtract the holes it works fine. You can even filet the edges of the holes after you subtract them.

HTH