Jump to content
  • 0
elepp

Data Tag Resetting

Question

Hi,

 

We are experiencing an issue with our data tags. Maybe @Nikolay Zhelyazkov could help us here. We have a data tags for displaying the height of objects in our plans. The tag is setup that it displays a standard value of +1.00m and upon insertion my colleagues change the value manually. Now it happnes regularly that it reverts back to +1.00m. I can not pinpoint what is causing it. But it happens very often and everyone is very frustrated with it. They started to explode them now into groups for a lack of better options. I've attached a .vwx with our tags.

 

Best regards!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-16 um 09.02.55.png

Data Tag.vwx

Share this post


Link to post

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hello, @elepp,

 

Could you give me some more information about this, as I am not able to reproduce it.

 

Which version of VW are you using?

 

How do you enter the height, when you change it manually?

 

Have you noticed after what action does the height reset back to the default value?

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
36 minutes ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Which version of VW are you using?

 

VW Architect 2020 SP5 (German version)

 

37 minutes ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

How do you enter the height, when you change it manually?

We place the data tag and type in the value. It's not a smart tag, that automatically pulls the data

 

38 minutes ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Have you noticed after what action does the height reset back to the default value?

That's the point where I am also a bit at a loss. I can't reproduce it either. My colleagues are not regularly checking on the tags, but after a while they notice this behaviour. But they can't tell me all the steps they did before. It happens often enough though that at least 10 colleagues noticed it seperatly from each other.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, elepp said:

That's the point where I am also a bit at a loss. I can't reproduce it either. My colleagues are not regularly checking on the tags, but after a while they notice this behaviour. But they can't tell me all the steps they did before. It happens often enough though that at least 10 colleagues noticed it seperatly from each other.

- I am not able to reproduce this. Are you using project sharing?

 

If you have any additional information or if you succeed in finding the steps to reproduce this, let me know.

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov Project sharing was not used. We had them referenced from a template file in another projetc,  so i assumed it was related to that. But in this project it's only a single user and no reference and it happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I have been experiencing similar results when publishing a drawing that has referenced drawing with data tags. If i select update out of date view ports when publishing PDFs of the drawings, the data within the data tags is lost, also the data tags in the original drawing are wiped out and display as blank and then have to manually be re associated with the objects they were attached to. It has wasted any time saved in automatically updating the data tags. Would love to know if you find a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, Redmodro said:

I have been experiencing similar results when publishing a drawing that has referenced drawing with data tags. If i select update out of date view ports when publishing PDFs of the drawings, the data within the data tags is lost, also the data tags in the original drawing are wiped out and display as blank and then have to manually be re associated with the objects they were attached to. It has wasted any time saved in automatically updating the data tags. Would love to know if you find a solution.

- Hello @Redmodro,

 

Could you send me a sample test file, with which I can reproduce this issue and analyze it?

 

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 12/14/2020 at 2:15 PM, Redmodro said:

Did you get any further with this ?

 

- I did not make any more progress on this one, other than what we have discussed. I was not able to reproduce the issue, so I have forwarded it to our tech support team to look into it.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...