Jump to content
  • 0
CarlosMPA

2021 Title Block Manager causes beach ball

Question

Is anyone else having an issue with the Title Block Manager in 2021?

 

I can't seem to add an Issue Date to multiple sheets. It beach balls every time until I force quit.

Even if I only select a single "sheet to use" within the Manager

 

However, I can add it to a single sheet with no problems at all if I select the Edit Border settings.

It's happened on multiple files that where previously 2020 and opened in 2021.

 

Edited by CarlosMPA

Share this post


Link to post

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
6 hours ago, CarlosMPA said:

Is anyone else having an issue with the Title Block Manager in 2021?

 

I can't seem to add an Issue Date to multiple sheets. It beach balls every time until I force quit.

Even if I only select a single "sheet to use" within the Manager

 

However, I can add it to a single sheet with no problems at all if I select the Edit Border settings.

It's happened on multiple files that where previously 2020 and opened in 2021.

 

 

Hello @CarlosMPA,

 

Could you send me a test file which shows this issue? I have tested this out with a new document and did not have any problems.

 

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
11 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

 

Hello @CarlosMPA,

 

Could you send me a test file which shows this issue? I have tested this out with a new document and did not have any problems.

 

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hello Nikolay

 

this keeps getting stranger. I opened up the file and deleted everything except for the title block and the the TB Manager worked without an issue.

Same file, delete all the Design Layer elements and the TB works.

 

I'll send you a test file that I did manage to get the error on. I'll send it to you in a Message, for some reason my files are very large sizes for a simple file.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

There was another thread this week about large file sizes. In that case the user somehow got 18,000 copies of their North Arrow in the drawing.

 

Try Tools:Purge and then select the Coincident Duplicate Objects option at the bottom of the right hand column. See if that helps your drawing size and issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hello @CarlosMPA,

 

I have investigated this and I am not really sure if the TBB is the root of the problem. I will keep digging in to see what is the cause and fix it.

 

In the meantime, do you open the TBManager from the TBB's OIP button? If so, try opening the manager from the menu command (File->Title Block Manager...). It seems like that way the hang is not showing up.

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @CarlosMPA,

 

I have investigated this and I am not really sure if the TBB is the root of the problem. I will keep digging in to see what is the cause and fix it.

 

In the meantime, do you open the TBManager from the TBB's OIP button? If so, try opening the manager from the menu command (File->Title Block Manager...). It seems like that way the hang is not showing up.

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

 

Thanks for looking into this. I have tried both double clicking the TB object and selecting TB Manager, and clicking on the OIP TBManager button. with the same hanging crash.

 

However I just tried to go File - TBManager and you are correct, that does not cause the crash.

I'll keep trying this on my end with different files.

 

Thanks Again.

Carlos

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...