TITLE BLOCK BORDER Style with 2-3 graphic design option included within one style

Hello,

@Nikolay ZhelyazkovMy typical scenario and I guess most of us in using Title Blocks is that in concept, schematic or architectural or interior studies phases of project (first stages) I would have same/many pages with same title block design but one different for title page.

Is there a way to achieve this with current title block border settings capabilities using only one TTBB Style? I know I can set title block graphic to 'by instance'...but then those same design title blocks become all instances and disconnected...

I would really really like to have ability to have 2-3 design options for title block graphics within one style.

See one example in attachment.

Thanks for reply.

P.

Snímka obrazovky 2020-05-11 o 12.50.40.png

Edited by drelARCH
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @drelARCH,

I am afraid that this is currently not possible. We have only the by style and by instance states of the styled parameters and nothing in between them. I suppose you can try having all graphics in the layout of the style but with different classes and simply show/hide the classes, but this will not work if you want to see the different TBBs in the same time, as class visibility is file specific (except for viewports but it is not recommended to use TBBs in viewports).

I think that the best approach here is to just use different styles for the TBBs with different graphics. If there is only 1 TBB with that graphics it could be unstyled for faster editing.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
12 minutes ago, drelARCH said:

If I understand it correctly, every TTB style has own record attached to it..Is that so?

- The style objects are based on one object that is placed in the style symbol, they either take data from it(by style) or have their own data(by instance). So we have only one place from which to read data that will be the same for all styled objects using that style, so I guess the answer to your question is yes.

• Like 1