Hello Community!

This Saturday, April 11, from 9am – 1pm EDT we will be performing maintenance on the Vectorworks Community Board. During this time, the site will be unavailable.

Jeremiah Russell

Clerestory Window Issue

Alright, this has only started happening recently. Anyone have an idea why this happens when I insert a clerestory window above a door? Instead of seeing the wall cut by the door it isn't cut by either the door or the window above.

Help greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2019-07-22 13.00.52.png

I am also having this issue, Help please. when I insert clerestory window over door, the wall is not cut by either also the window next to the door doesn't cut the wall. When I remove clerestory, lower openings show correctly.

I've had this happen as well.   I dragged the door out of the wall and back in again and it corrected itself.

22 hours ago, TomKen said:

I've had this happen as well.   I dragged the door out of the wall and back in again and it corrected itself.

I've tried that and it is not working. The work around is to have a separate wall above on another design layer, but this is not ideal in almost all situations. Any other thoughts?

I do not see this problem. First, I inserted a door. Then I inserted a clerestory window, but off to the side, not directly above the door. Then I disabled Wall Insertion Mode and dragged the clerestory into place above the door. See attached for result.

Perhaps you accidentally ended up with a door and/or window that are not "In Wall" (ie: properly inserted)??130606747_ScreenShot2019-07-24at8_43_45AM.thumb.png.687fde0eab3798fc9842601118a811c9.png

2 hours ago, CipesDesign said:

I do not see this problem. First, I inserted a door. Then I inserted a clerestory window, but off to the side, not directly above the door. Then I disabled Wall Insertion Mode and dragged the clerestory into place above the door. See attached for result.

Perhaps you accidentally ended up with a door and/or window that are not "In Wall" (ie: properly inserted)??130606747_ScreenShot2019-07-24at8_43_45AM.thumb.png.687fde0eab3798fc9842601118a811c9.png

This seemed to work. Not entirely sure why as the wall was highlighted when I originally inserted the clerestory window. All is good now though. I'll keep an eye out for this in the future. Thank you for your help!

Removing and re-inserting window had no effect for me. The problem kept reoccurring.  What finally worked for me was to change the clerestory window option to "no break" under the O.I.P. This allowed the door below to show properly.

FWIW, I often use a discreet Design Layer for Clerestory Walls (with windows). That will solve these sorts of visibility problems.