Label Legends not displaying colors in Viewport

PParish

Question

Hi all,

This is an odd problem that may be my ignorance to a change in VW2019.  When I move my light plot to a Viewport on a Sheet Layer, the color settings for my Label Legends shift back to Black - and I can't seem to override that in any way.  I've tried changing the class attribute for that specific label legend class (LabelLegend-Dimmer, is the one I want to print in Red), but nothing will alter the sheet layer's colors.  In my design layer, everything looks perfect, but in the Viewport, I lose color.

Help!

3 answers to this question

Might be the vp pref for Black/White is enabled.

Select the vp and click the Advanced Properties button:

If this is a standard vp, the B/W pref will be near bottom of OIP

If this is a Section vp, the OIP >Advanced Props dialog will have 3 tabs. B/W pref is in the Appearance tab. 

Post again if this doesn’t solve. 

-B

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PParish said:

When I move my light plot to a Viewport on a Sheet Layer, the color settings for my Label Legends shift back to Black

This is not cuurently my experience. If @Benson Shaw idea doesn't do the trick, check that you don't have layer colours enabled either in the Viewport or as a document preference. If you are re-using a viewport from a previous show, then you might have some class overrides that are doing this....?

Mark

• Like 1

I checked both the Document Prefs and the Viewport settings - neither had B&W Only checked.  Couldn't find where Layer Colors Enabled was located, but I do think I was re-using a viewport from a previous show...no, I think it was just the Sheet Layer I was re-using.

Anyway, I made a new viewport from the Design Layer on a new sheet layer and everything moved over perfectly.  Still confused why I can't find where to change the color - or bring back the color- in the label legends.

Thanks for your help!!

peter