Oliver Hauser

Instrument summary text disappearing Spotlight 2019 SP2

Hi Guys,

Anyone having this issue with the instrument summary text? All text disappears. The only way to solve it at the moment is inserting a new summary which is a pain since I need to re-do all my summary settings every time.

Thanks in advance.

20190203_103752.jpg

This has been a perpetual issue ever since the tool was introduced. When this happens it is generally when I am exporting to a pdf from a sheet layer. I'm sorry to see it still happening in 2019. It hasn't happened for a while and I thought the issue had been fixed.

My best workaround for now is to use the eye dropper tool and copy all the parameters of the old Instrument summary object and then delete it. Insert a new summary object and apply the old parameters to it.

Obviously save the file first before deleting the old summary object.

• Like 1

Thanks a mil Mark. Yes exactly. Will try this workaround in the meantime.

Just a note to anyone who is using this workaround. Make sure you tick the "plug-in parameters" check box in the eyedropper tool settings before using the tool.

Cheers.