Keynote Legend Number With prefix

Jens Marr

Question

6 answers to this question

On 12/14/2018 at 9:13 AM, Jens Marr said:

YES! Thanks I spent hours to find it😩

Ok I have found the prefix and used it but now I have found this out, when I use the prefix for different keynote legend on an separated sheet as the keynotes and I change a note in the legend it will delete the prefix from my keynote and I have to go back to all sheets where I have used the note and add the prefix again. For example my keynote had the no. 5 and the prefix 1. (1.5) it will change all keynote no. to 5 when I change the keynote.

Edited by Jens Marr

@Jens Marr

You can create a database header in a worksheet that will pull in all of your callouts. From there you can add columns for the Prefix ('Callout'.'Keynote Prefix')  and Suffix ('Callout'.'Keynote Suffix') and adjust them from one centralized location. You can re-add or adjust the keynote prefix as you need.

The tricky one is how to return the ID#. Thanks to @Pat Stanford, he put me on to the field ('Callout'.'__KeynoteNumber') to pull that in. Note you cannot change the number of a callout from the worksheet, that has to be done in the associated Keynote Legend by re-ordering the callouts.