Charlie Winter

Focus Point Selection after Insertion

When using the 'Focus Instruments' command to create a new focus point, why do the focus point and lighting instrument remain selected after completion of the command?

Is this working as designed?

• Like 1

I believe so, but I can certainly check up on this. Have you found this to be an issue?

It would be better if just the Lighting Device were left selected to allow you to continue working with the object. @BSeigel. Could you add this to a wishlist back at HQ!?

Edited by markdd
  • Like 2

@BSeigel Did you have an opportunity to follow up on this topic, and its functionality? Does it work as designed?

Those that also commented here expressed the same issue of inconvenience with both the lighting device and focus point remaining selected.

Thx.

Hello @Charlie Winter

I did look into this, it is working as designed and is not a bug. In fact, many commands that produce objects select the objects after creation (which is usually helpful). But, seeing as it is frustrating to so many users, and is fairly easy to change on our end, I have submitted an enhancement request to have it improved. 

• Like 1