Stu Wilson

Library update hangs then does not work.... plus crashing on mouse zoom

Question

Very briefly I'm running VW17 sp5..... 

Sent me email asking to upgrade... didn't take up the offer then this starts to happen:

1. Library vanishes and can't download or update the library as it hangs for ever snd you have to force quit...
  2. Zoom in our out and to crashes....

They are not being helpful saying we need to buy a service pack yet the i had an engineer take over my screen for 3 hours and could find the fault!!

Clearly its not fit for purpose outside a years warranty.... don't the UK have a mandatory 5 year guarantee under sales of goods act or has this changed!!

Any ideas on points 1 and 2 would be appreciated.

SW

5 answers to this question

Service packs are not sold, they are included with each version, however Vectorworks 2017 SP5 was the last SP released for 2017. Reply back with the following from your machine and I can take a look:

20 minutes ago, Stu Wilson said:

Very briefly I'm running VW17 sp5..... 

Sent me email asking to upgrade... didn't take up the offer then this starts to happen:

1. Library vanishes and can't download or update the library as it hangs for ever snd you have to force quit...
  2. Zoom in our out and to crashes....

They are not being helpful saying we need to buy a service pack yet the i had an engineer take over my screen for 3 hours and could find the fault!!

Clearly its not fit for purpose outside a years warranty.... don't the UK have a mandatory 5 year guarantee under sales of goods act or has this changed!!

Any ideas on points 1 and 2 would be appreciated.

SW

Hi Stuart

I received your email earlier and have responded, as well as passed this to our tech support team. I also requested some process profile information from you, and when we receive that, we will be able to diagnose the problem further.

At no point have I asked you to pay for anything.

Great that you can move forward with the download. As requested by email, if you can now send me a couple of crash logs we can look further. We also suggested changing the Navigation Graphics option on the Display tab of Vectorworks Preferences.