VW 2018 SP2 Issues

James Mitchell

Question

Hello All,

For some reason VW18 SP1 and SP2 have been worse than the initial release of VW18 for me and I keep having to roll back. First issue was Label legends would not show up on the any file in SP1 and now none of the cable tools work in SP2. Everything acts like it is working, but upon completing drawing a jumper or using the chain tool nothing appears. No classes or layers are turned off or greyed out. It just doesn't work. I am again rolling back to the initial release to actually get some work done. Please make the software better in the SP releases and stop breaking previusly working features.

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

For some reason, (the reason has yet to be determined by engineering that I am aware of) many of the Spotlight related tools are broken or nonfunctional in SP1 and SP2 until a Preference Reset has been performed:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/articles.html/articles/troubleshooting/resetting-vectorworks-preferences-r264/

This is not intended and has been filed as a bug. If you reset your preferences and you STILL see an issue with the tools after doing so, please let me know the details and I can file those issues separately.