• Announcements

• JimW

The Future of Algorithmic Design   05/23/2017

Natively available within Vectorworks software, Marionette delivers an algorithmic means to orchestrate and dictate design forms and customizations without needing to be a programmer.   Let the Marionette collaboration begin. Watch this video to learn how you can upload and share Marionette objects, nodes, and networks with your peers.
Stephan Moenninghoff

Info Palette not playing well with Marionette 2018

11 posts in this topic

I have been chasing a nasty bug that will stop the OIP from updating after a short time working with Marionettes in VWX 2018. Unfortunately, I cannot pin it down to any specific action which is ever so slightly annoying because it stops me from filing a usable bug...

If anyone is able to reproduce this, any help is appreciated. What is happening is that the OIP will continue to show the info of the previous selected object or node until I go to Top/Plan view. Then, even when I continue to work in Top/Plan view, it will require me to press cmd-5 frequently to refresh the OIP. I don't know when or by what action this starts to happen but it always does (macOS). Is anyone else seeing this?

Confirmed, I had the same Issue here. Which Build do you use?

At the moment I can't reproduce. I used 387649 and I had this issue after every change of Marionette PIO Option in the Palette. After Rescale Info-Palette it was OK until the next object active and changing something, I ignored it and got to bed... iMac 27" Sierra at Home.

Now I tried again with Build 390873 Mac Sierra in the office it looks fine now :-)

OK, I am seeing it again. Build 393163 Still no Idea why it is happening now. This time it's the Marionette itself. I'll keep an eye out. 

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-04 um 19.34.03.png

Just downloaded and installed 395475. Still the same issue. What drives me crazy is that I cannot reproduce this. It just starts to happen after about 5 minutes working with my current file. That's a different file than when I first reported this. It's even a different computer. Oh, the mysteries of software....

It might not be directly a Marionette issue, but just out of curiosity, which nodes exist in both files? (that are being run)

Also, are you using Undo at all?

I've run into this a couple of times, but like you haven't been able to find the exact reproducible case so I can't report it yet.

It happens only when using Marionette and it happens soon after working with any Marionette file. I'll send you the file off list. it's WIP. Unrelated to Undo, I'm quite certain.

I have it at the moment (Got to work on a presentation and that really stops me now :/) I am working with marionette nodes. Now I have the following symptom:

1. Objekt-Info of every PIO in every File do not work correctly anymore

2. After restarting Vectorworks it works again for a while

3. I have it reproducible if I create a menu command of  a Wrapper. 

4. After that, the Info-Palette is completely numb I have to restart Vectorworks -on a Mac :-)

Maybe it's because I work in a Beta-Build of German Version based on SP1 ...

I reported this as a bug with a vwx and a movie file ...

I sent a video to @Marissa Farrellyesterday. In my case, it happened after using the slider but it has happened with files where no slider was used. Good luck with your presentation. I look forward to seeing it on Monday :-)

Maybe I am sick on Monday :-))

Edit:

Seems to be related to Preferences.

Edited by DomC