Lines left behind when moving Groups

hamrocks

Question

So, I'm having an (un)usual issue with vectorworks that I can't solve, or find any information on. I have a stud wall composed of several groups, each stud in this wall is an individual group with a rectangle and 2 lines. 

When I move the wall and all the stud groups, the 2 lines are left behind, but not the rectangle. The 2 lines are not actually in the position they are displayed in , but inside the rectangle. When I click into the rectangle to edit the group, they are displayed within the rectangle again, and when I exit the group, they are also now displayed within the rectangle. However, I have to click into each and every group and exit again to get them all to display properly. 

This problem has been plaguing me in other instances too, and doesn't seem to be just a graphical display issue, I've had several instances where the lines that have been left behind export to PDF, even after I have 'fixed' them by entering each group. 

Is this a known issue?

Untitled.mov

Edited by hamrocks
Added video instead of images

8 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

@JimWa post in this thread has been flagged with a "best answer" but I don't believe the bug references in that post is actually related to this problem. I've asked the original poster to Bug Submit and I've also bug submitted what I found when testing it.

Thanks,

Kevin

@Kevin McAllister This is my fault for assuming several (seemingly) related graphical issues were connected, where in fact they were not, which is why this thread is such a mess. Are you referring to the arc bug? You asked me to submit a bug for the arc issue, but you then edited your post and removed that information - I assumed that you in fact did not want me to submit it. Also, when I looked at the bug submission process, it wanted information on how to recreate the arc problem, which I have tried and failed to do with a new arc. Although I believe you have managed this.

Just FYI, I have not re-encountered the issue in the original post where I recorded a video of lines in groups jumping around after using move by points. I cannot re-create this issue now either, nor the line trimming issue. My settings remain unchanged and it remains a mystery.