Wall Skirting

Hello,

At the moment we to make the skirting of the walls with a specific profile, we have to do the process in 2 steps:

1 - Draw the parametric wall
2 - Draw the footer in 3D through an extrude along path of the desired footer profile
(Together we send sample file and printscreens)

This method works, however we are duplicating the process, we have to draw 2 times, and whenever there is a modification on the wall, the skirting does not follow and we need to do the correction manually.

Is there any way to include a custom skirting (dimension, section, and material) in a parametric wall?
The only way I know, is to use the outer component of the wall to make the skirting. However this solution is limited to a skirting of rectangular section, not allowing a specific profile (curved section in this case)

Ideally, the Parametric Wall has already a defined customized skirting, and whenever you draw a new wall or modify an existing one, the skirting will always be correct and updated.

Can you help us with this topic too? Anyone?

Captura de ecrã 2017-06-25, às 11.31.59.png

Captura de ecrã 2017-06-25, às 11.32.13.png

Captura de ecrã 2017-06-25, às 11.30.18.png

Walls Skirting.vwx

@Nuno AntunesHi, Take the file from the end of this post and view a video on my Youtube channel "Alan Woodwell".

The video explains the process. You will also find a few other videos that you may find helpful in understanding Marionette.

I have tried to create objects that I have found are helpful in my workflow. DP's for instance.

Look through this section of shared networks on the forum.

HTH

If you have any ideas as to what processes you see could be sped up that are repetitive let me know and I would be happy to look at them.