Quirky 2D Poly Tool Inner Boundary Mode

Jim Smith

Question

I sometimes use the 2D Poly Tool Inner Boundary Mode in the Annotation Layer to dress up a plan, section or elevation. This seems to work well except often it seems to be a question of how you hold you mouth to get the tool to do what you'd like it to do. Here's an example:

Here's a section (BTW, the dotted lines aren't visible in VW):   

UntitledA.jpeg

Here's how I think it should fill (I know I'd have to ADD surface to the two grey pieces)  

Untitled1.jpeg

Here's what I get: 

Untitled3.jpeg

My question is there some hidden setting that I can change so I have better control of this tool?

Edited by Jim Smith

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Thanks Kevin, but I actually think the tool is finding the 3D geometry behind stuff.

Interesting. I did a few tests before I originally posted and it only seemed to find the 2d linework. What is the rendering mode of your Section viewport? Is it just Hidden Line or is it a combination of modes.

Kevin

It's a Hidden line render of a Section Viewport. The counter the monitor sits on is cut by the section & is an extruded 2D Polygon, extruded from the top. (The Millwork Company is working directly with the client). The shelves in the background are Symbols produced with the Bookshelf PIO