2017 - Sluggish

I am getting consistent reports that 2017 is sluggish.  On top of all the visibility issues we are having - which do not seem to be fixed by the compatibility settings - the consensus is that compared to 2016, it is like slogging through mud.  Everything takes an extra second and over the course of the day - this becomes a real drain.

I just went out for drinks with buddies from my old office - and they seem to be having it worse than us.  

Is widespread?  Is this a known issue?  Is it all hardware related?

Any insight would be helpful.  We are considering going back to 2016 which would be super painful at this point, but it is on the table. 

to be honest , we are even thinking of changing to Sketchup... and probably would have done so when this forum wouldn't excist....!

for examble the pricing: i do interiors but have to buy the whole architecture stuff i will probably never ever need a pointcloud and most of the BIM features and many other functions, but have to pay for it. i tried "VW basic" but i work with walls,f loor, sections and it's for me impossible to work without a navigation window, but now the walls are not workin proper anymore and this is after a 1200...€ update tag... or the interface its more ing. stuff its looks and feeels soo oldfashioned and sometimes i got the feeling the developers never work with it, in terms of usability.

Than this misstrust in the paying customer. all the activation rituals. ever copied your project in last minute to the laptop and then tried to work in the train or elsewhere while you have forgotten to switch off you VW at your home computer...an onlineswtich? not excisting. Ahh the sales politics. how is it possible that so many companies have their products online and i can buy where ever i am  but with VW i have to deal with a local distributer. it would be nice as an option, but forced to it, feels very 1990...

but i am working with it since many years (from minicad 5)there must be a reason;-) and i have a bag full of skills that makes me very quick. i talked custumers to use VW so we are compatible.This pays the update ...if it's is not a downgrade and if it gets harder in stead of easier!

this is a personal statement but could be read as a friendly feedback....