Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good afternoon everyone, 

first would like to start off by saying happy new years ! 

 

I've been playing around a little bit with the callout tool, however i discovered a bug.

I've been trying to create a symbol detail library to reference for standard wall details - and i've recently discovered the callout tool (earlier posts)

I really like the feature it has where it can generate a legend for a series of callouts - and then just that legend can be modified for that particular element.

But i don't think this tool has been fully developed.

 

The callout tool isn't designed to be inserted into symbols, something ive been trying to do. It loses its properties and generates a separate note for every callout every time it's dropped,

something that i don't want to keep fixing all the time.

Could anyone please confirm this is the case? Does anyone else think this is a bug?

 

 

Edited by Samuel Derenboim

Share this post


Link to post

In the language of programmers this is not a bug. It is likely a design error, but not a bug. If you file it as a bug, it will be marked as WAD (Working as Designed) and nothing will ever change.

 

You need to report this as an Enhancement Request or a wish. Then the powers that be will see where to sort it into the priorities for future version of VW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Pat Stanford said:

In the language of programmers this is not a bug. It is likely a design error, but not a bug. If you file it as a bug, it will be marked as WAD (Working as Designed) and nothing will ever change.

 

You need to report this as an Enhancement Request or a wish. Then the powers that be will see where to sort it into the priorities for future version of VW.

Thank you Pat, How do i go about doing this?

Share this post


Link to post

Post the most clear and detailed version you can of what you would like to see the tool do in a new thread in the Feedback:Wishlist forum. You don't need to provide the how of how it will work. And you probably DON'T want to include details like where the buttons should be and what the labels should say, but a good explanation of why the current tool does not work for you and what benefit it will give you if the features you are requesting are added.

 

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/forum/19-wishlist-feature-and-content-requests/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/1/2017 at 4:36 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Post the most clear and detailed version you can of what you would like to see the tool do in a new thread in the Feedback:Wishlist forum. You don't need to provide the how of how it will work. And you probably DON'T want to include details like where the buttons should be and what the labels should say, but a good explanation of why the current tool does not work for you and what benefit it will give you if the features you are requesting are added.

 

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/forum/19-wishlist-feature-and-content-requests/

Pat,

Sorry for the bother again, there seems to be a bug - after heavily using the callout tool, it starts to behave very oddly. I am attaching a sample file where the callout tool has been corrupted.

 

Problems include:

In design layer view port -

1. An additional leader element is added to the callout tool (usually on the right or left side - there is an unnessary line)

2. Note is slightly offset when adding and additional leader that gets in the way of the text.

In Sheet layer viewport

1. Callout is displaced drastically from leaders

2. Shoulder length function or text margin doesn't solve the issue.

In annotation Layer viewport

1. When placing a new callout - leader only is called from the left side of the callout, and cannot be switched normally - unless the mirror function is used.

2. Cannot delete leaders in annotation mode.

 

All problems therein have been bubbled. You can test it yourself, could you confirm it behaves similarly? and if so, is there a way to fix it?

In new files, this problem doesn't seem to persist, but who knows? I just recently started using the callout tool.

Anno_Leader_Trouble_Shooting.vwx

Share this post


Link to post

@Samuel DerenboimHi, Definitely something wrong with this file. All works ok in my new file, copy one of your annotations over and its bad. Must be something corrupt there.

The only fix I could get to work is to delete all the keynotes and copy the rest over to a new file and redo the notes and the problem did not reoccur.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Alan Woodwell said:

@Samuel DerenboimHi, Definitely something wrong with this file. All works ok in my new file, copy one of your annotations over and its bad. Must be something corrupt there.

The only fix I could get to work is to delete all the keynotes and copy the rest over to a new file and redo the notes and the problem did not reoccur.

I wish it was that easy. But after i have 18 layers, and 19 references sheet layers and almost completed sheets, its very hard to redo the callouts....i was hoping there would be an easier way to fix this?

Also, does this mean there's a bug? or the file itself is just corrupt? and if so, how do i go about avoiding this problem in the future?

 

Thank you in advance!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm having the same problem.

 

Once I add additional leader lines and get the secondary shoulder it seems to get confused and adds extra lines and the position choices in the OIP don't work properly.

 

I also have yet to get the delete leader line command to work consistently.

 

Great features. Just seems a bit buggy.

 

I also want my callout tool to work correctly on the file I have without rebuilding all of it. Has anyone sorted this out yet?

Share this post


Link to post

Aaaaand I just found a solution, at least in my situation.

 

The bug was on my Working File from drawing that we are using Project Sharing. I committed all my changes, closed that working file and opened a new one. My callout tool now works correctly.

 

I have a copy of the corrupted working file that I saved as a vwx and it is still corrupted. I will be passing this on to the tech team.

 

Still would like to know the secret to deleting the leader lines...

Edited by stayathomedad

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×