VW Forum Home page

J. Wallace

Question

Just a suggestion to possibly improve ones experience on this forum.

I love the new forum layout and I think that @Jimand Co. should be congratulated for what they have accomplished.

One item that I think could be included relates to the home page. When you visit the site you are presented with the screen as shown in the attached image. I'm signed in but I have no idea how many new posts or comments are in any of the page topics such as General discussion. Is it possible to have an indication of this on the home page similar to what is currently shown on the individual pages?

home.png

home1.png

2 answers to this question

Good idea !

I would also like to see  the number of unread posts in front of the Sub Forum title.

Even if I do not use the Forum List option very often.

I set and use my custom "Unread Content" as Forum home page.

This works somehow.

However I either do not find the right settings or it doesn't work 100% reliable.

Like I went through all unread Threads until nothing displayed as unread after a refresh.

But 2 hours later I will get a new List that again contains unread content from "last week".

Or I will get one unread Thread and Posting, but 5 additional Postings marked as read, even

the Thread itself contains only 3 Posts.

Even for larger Threads I don't think that really so many posts will have been re-edited.

And if so, why not marke these Threads also blue as unread.

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It currently shows if there ARE new posts but it isn't obvious enough. The little chat boxes to the left of Architecture and Site Design for instance, the black one indicates some unread and the grey one indicates all read. I'll also see about showing the number of unread items in a given subforum, good idea as long as it's a user-controlled option.