VWorks 2017 Crash on Quit

ericjhberg

Question

6 answers to this question

I've experienced something similar on Windows with VW2016 at times, not yet with VW2016.  When it happened it was either a very heavy document that took a while to clear memory so one may think VW is not closing and click on the close icon again and this can then make VW crash or there were more application being open on your computer causing memory shortage.

Did you try to monitor memory usage when it happened repeatedly?

Edited by Art V

That does sound like a memory issue to me, where application memory is not released properly when using large files perhaps on combination with other programs running and trying to clear virtual memory as well. Windows can have issues with that from time to time. Maybe VW techies have more info on this.

I have been using VW2017 on a macbook pro with 16GB Ram for 2 weeks. It has crashed every single time I have quit even if I close the drawing first. This also means it won't remember the settings so I have to keep telling it not to show helpful dialogue boxes again and again.