twk

Python Language Exception Control - SyntaxError EOL while scanning literal

Question

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/44990-syntaxerror-eol-while-scanning-literal/

On 7/09/2016 at 11:59 AM, twk said:

Greetings Pythonistas,

Getting "SyntaxError EOL while scanning literal" script error, when there is an apostrophe in one of the parameter fields of my custom plugin object. I am trying to figure out how to catch/handle this exception before it gets processed.

Any thoughts @Dieter @ DWorks, @JBenghiat@Hippocode.. trying to think of others.. @Miguel Barrera@Pat Stanford@Matt Panzer.. :D:D

SyntaxErrorParam_v2.jpg

Apparently it's a Vectorworks Python API bug. Can we please have this fixed, as after this error occurs you cant get rid of the error until you restart Vectorworks

1 answer to this question

Hi @JimWcan you please forward this to the relative technicians as I am beyond understanding how to submit this as a bug through the official channels.

Also any errors from this make it impossible to develop plugins in python as it actually stalls the main Vectorworks program from working with the plugin anymore, until a restart.

Thanks