Creating a Report

Im trying to dabble in my first test report.

What Im trying to do, in it's simplest form is create a space from a poly, and then within that poly create a basic object such as a circle, and attach a record to it. I created a new record called "light" and attached it.

Is there any way to label a space, and then create an object to be counted within that space(such as the circle with a new record called light attached to it?

I have almost no experience with this workflow. While I can get the reports to show and generate some numbers, I feel I simply need to see how others would do this to get a feel for it.

Maybe making my own record isn't the way? Im curious to see how some pro's would approach this type of simple schedule. I think once I see one in action it would make much more sense.

There are so many options here and Im not quite sure what the difference is between criteria settings and the options you see when you create a report

Yes, and it's very doable.

You can, but don't even need to, use spaces.

Name your 'space' object something meaningful in the OIP Data tab.

Then in your Worksheet:

Database>Criterion>(Loc='Meaningful Name')

Now you can list whatever data is associated with the filtered objects by =('Record Name'.'Field Name')

Im pretty close, but must not be getting this criteria in the right cell? If you notice in the criteria settings its is keeping count of the "lights" in the space, I have tested this while removing some and adding some to the space and the Objects that meet that criteria do compute in the criteria screen.

However its not showing up in the works sheet. My guess is even tho I have the criteria correct by the looks of it, maybe I'm not applying it to the worksheet properly?

Are looking for the count of lights or the area of your space? One worksheet really can't do both without 2 database rows.

What would you like your worksheet to look like when it's done?

I strongly recommend you read the pinned post just above this one "Spread Sheet Reports" it's loaded with information that is hard to dig out of the manual.

I've also posted some assorted samples in the shared resources section including simple counting worksheets. I don't have Architect so I can't use the Space function, but things look right.

That is what I guess Im struggling with 2 data base rows. Im not really after any particular outcome, more so just trying to get a feel for basic counting within spaces. Tho Im sure I could see adding other items.

It sounds Like the additional database row is what Im after. How do you add another? Create Report>amend to current report?

Or right click and select Database on the row?

I seem to be stumbling thru but making small progress here. I appreciate the assistance