Marionette Wishes

Kevin McAllister

Question

Could we have the co-ordinates and rotation of a Marionette Object available in the OIP like we do for symbols and other PIOs? It clearly is container with an insertion point like these are.

A general observation about Marionette is that right now its essentially a visual porting of Python scripting. This is really apparent when you start trying to work with text objects. Ultimately if Marionette is supposed to make scripting more accessible it should help to hide how bad scripting in VW can be in certain areas. Text is a prime example of how terrible scripting in Vectorscript can be. As a user what I really need is a simple text node with an insertion point, justification, and input for a string. That way I could easily insert an position a text object in relation to other geometry using the current text defaults.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

I wish for a modern, real world Marionette text node that creates a proper visual scripting wrapper for the archaic text functions in Vectorscript / Python. Something that incorporates a dropdown font menu and all the other normal font controls you expect for a text object. There should also be a simple version that uses a dropdown for text styles.

Visual scripting is supposed to be a simple gateway to scripting, not a direct port of a scripting language that has been cobbled together over 20+ years....

KM

Edited by Kevin McAllister