Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Displaying info generated by a network in the OIP

I'm curious to know if its possible to display values generated by a Marionette network in the OIP. I've experimented a little with the Marionette OIP controls and I am able to display static info using Marionette.WidgetType.TextStaticParam. I've created a couple of simple custom nodes for Maker Info and Object Name and I'm able to essentially trick Marionette into displaying this info for Marionette Objects (image below). But what if I wanted to display the area of an object generated by a Marionette Object in a static manner like what you see with a regular VW object. Is this possible? Is there a way to feed a variable from a network back to the OIP? I know I can easily display something like this as text on the drawing but I'd like it in the OIP.

Thanks,

Kevin

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 9.05.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-07 at 9.05.15 PM.png

OIP Example.vwx

I don't think so...

In this thread ( forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/43428-marionette-objects-and-oip/ ) I'd asked: "OIP Display: In my script, there's a mathematical calculation, the results of which I want displayed in the OIP. How do I do that? I can't seem to find the right kind of node" and Marissa responded: "OIP Display: Not currently possible. We can't even programmatically define values at all in the OIP, really. At least not the way we would need to in this case."

• Marionette Maven

I still stand by what Will quoted.

It's being looked into, but I don't think enough progress has been made to say it's coming any time soon.

Basically, the issue is that the OIP fields are only generated when you edit a script, not when you run it, since they're defined in the Params class. We can't push information there to update when the script runs at this time. I don't know what kind of backend work would have to go into it.