Auto hybrid challenges

Hi

Having a challenge this morning with an auto hybrid object. I'm placing some concrete lock blocks to show an existing retaining wall.

The lock blocks are 2.5'x2.5'x 5' in size, made an extruded rectangle and made this into a auto hybrid object. All is fine on the first two rows, when I copy row two, paste it and then change the elv. from 2.5' to 5' the blocks disappear and I get some loci which seem to be somewhat select able. If I move from top plan to any 3d view the blocks are visible. When I move back to top plan they again disappear (but leave the loci)

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think what's happening is that you're moving the auto hybrid and the objects it contains above the cut line you've set for it. The cut line for the auto hybrid is in relation to the Z origin, not in relation to the auto-hybrid itself. Adjust the cut line of the auto hybrid to a higher elevation and the blocks will reappear.

Kevin

Hi,

If you set your file up as attached your Hybrid objects will show correctly.

Look at the setting for the Hybrid object and note classes for each and you make this your default settings at bottom of options.

Move the height of the cutting plane up and down and see the difference.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell