Help! Doors disappear in Plan

I've created a studio plan on Vectorworks 2015 and when I view and print the plan through the sheet layer, a couple of doors disappear and I can't figure out why! Any ideas why anyone? They're there in the design layer but just not the sheet layer, and it's not all of them, just a few!

Thank you!

Lois

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is almost always a class being set to invisible in the viewport on that sheet layer. Select the viewport, then click the "Classes..." button in the Object Info Palette, check that list to make sure all classes that contain those doors are set to visible.

If you renamed the classes or made the classes after the viewport was created, they will default to invisible.

If the layers the doors are on are at different scales, that can cause the issue as well, or if the layers themselves are not turned on in the viewport but its unlikely you have doors and walls on separate layers. If you can attach the file here or send it in to tech@vectorworks.net ATTN Jim I can take a look.

^ Ceiling-main will also get you, I always forget to check it! It will appear as if the walls are being drawn over the doors, which might make you think the doors are just not there if they don't have a swing showing, which is what the Sills class controls by default.

Jim's right, & the SILLS Class is one that has confounded me with Doors in the past. You can check the Door object's Classes in the Settings tab on the OiP. If it's the Settings Class issue & you want to leave your Classes in the Viewport alone, you can change one Door's settings then use the Eye Dropper Tool to fix the rest of your doors.