Handrail problem!

I'm trying to get rid of the handrails and they won't seem to disappear! i've built the stairs in 3d using the stair tool and i've selected 'none' for handrail and it will not go away. I also only wanted handrails on one side of the stairs so selected to have them just on the inside but it didn't make a difference and the rail is continuing all the way around the landing which i couldn't get rid of either, so i thought i would just try and get rid of it all together. am I overlooking something here? many thanks!

Lois

I can deactivate hand/guardrails in stair settings successfully.

There is indeed a problem if you want a handrail on one side but not on the other.

It works for one side only, or no handrail at all. Can't remember if it was left or right.

I only realized that because I was not able to build a complete stair with the tool,

looking as I expect, so I divided the stairs and modeled the landing myself.

As one sided handrail works for one direction only, I do my handrails myself too

now of course.

But as said above, no problems with deactivated handrails here.

Stairs have a hand rail and a guard rail. Make sure both are turned off.

Go to the railings tab and with guard rail selected click off Show Guardrail making sure that both sides is ticked above.

Do the same for hand rail

When finished the dialogue box to the left should show none for both guard rail and hand rail

see if that is the issue?

• Like 1