Trimming Curved Walls

You know what would also be nice? The abiltiy torotate walls (& other hybrid. objects) in elevation. It would make drawing faster.

Also, how does one add symbols to a wall (metal studs for example) and keep the attached records so they can be processed by the data base? I presently group these symbols to prevent them from cutting the wall, this means I loose the record info. (I end up "cheating" by making the wall cavity 1/64 larger before I un-group the symbol...Any thoughts?

Adding symbols to a wall does not prevent their record data from being seen. We do it all the time with doors & windows. Even grouping symbols will not make you loose that data. It does get tricky if you have nested sybmols that need to be tracked.

I don't know why you would want to add stud symbols to a wall. That sounds incredibly complicated!

I do agree, though, that rotating a wall would be cool, although I don't know if it "would make drawing faster".

It sure would be nice to be able to trim a curved wall with a line using the command-"T"

It would just be nice if the round wall tool functioned the same as the straight wall tool in all regards.

Just as command "T" does not trim a round wall, command "J" does not join round walls. These are basic shortcuts for the straight wall tool that do not exist for the round wall tool.

Also, it is very frustrating that round walls seem to AutoJoin, even though the AutoJoin preference is disabled.

And I agree, the tool would be much better named the "Curved" wall tool. To me, a round wall is a column.

I have posted to this board about the shortcomings of round walls before, but they do not get any attention, so I guess I will have to convince my clients to stop putting turrets in their floor plans as they are just too difficult to draw with my CAD software.