Renderworks - Wall textures - components rendering - best practices

There are two many options to render a wall properly and I can't find my way around to the correct one.

By Class vs. Objet Info/Render options for left and right and center ?

I would prefer by class as I set these up already but I can't seem to be able to get that properly.

I prepared a file with a single wall 9MB to share if that helps(please indicate how to do that)

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thank you very much

CF

Yes there are way too many different and sometimes conflicting methods to apply a Texture to a Wall. I am probably in the minority here, but I have a fairly simple (and old school) solution that I use on almost every project, as follows.

I do not use Wall Styles. I just use Classes.

1) Create a Class called "Wall Ext" (e.g.). In the Class Setup dialog set the Left Side of Wall to be Siding (or Stucco or whatever the desired exterior surface); set the Right Side of Wall to be Paint Offwhite or Almond (texture).

2) Create a second Class called "Wall Int" (e.g.). Set both sides of Wall, and the middle to be the paint color (texture).

3) Create one Wall and set it's thickness to 6" (or whatever your exterior walls will be) [Note: I use 6" as I have found that to be the most efficient way to get where I need to be for standard 2 x 6 wall framing. In this scenario the 1/2" sheathing is included in the wall, the drywall is not... This works well because the framers have even dimensions that will align and match up the the foundation, etc.]

4) With the Wall selected use the Class Pulldown in the OIP to choose Wall Ext.

5) Make sure to draw exterior walls in a clockwise direction. That way all of their Left Sides will be facing outward.

6) Note that sometimes the "by Class" texturing will have trouble. To fix it, select the Wall or Walls and then in the Attributes Palette choose "remove by Class Settings" and then choose "Make all Setting by Class". This usually does the trick (it forces the software).

I repeat this process for Interior Wall (or Walls). Quite often, once I get a Wall that does behave correctly, I simple duplicate it and then move, rotate, place the dupe where desired. That way I know all the walls will (or should) behave.

There are probably more notes to add here, but that should be enough to get you started... Post back with follow up questions if needed.