Displaying Revision Data Twice in Same Title Block

whashisface

Hi All

Is it possible to display revision data twice within the same title block?

Ideally we would like the highlighted fields on the following screenshot to both automatically update when the revision data is changed.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%2011.31.08.png

Unfortunately at the moment only one field can be automatically updated and the other one has to be done manually which is time consuming and leads to user errors.

I have tried to add the :rAppr & r:No codes to both sections of the title block but if I do this it still only displays one revision code.

Does anyone know of a way round this?

Below is the symbol to show the codes used at present:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%2011.31.19.png

Thanks in advance!

I don't think it is possible. Those r:__ fields have always been a mystery to me - along with the issue fields. Pat Stanford disassembled it once and explained how issue and revision work. That data is not easily exposed to - or managed by - the user.

The workaround I've used for clients for exactly this reason is to create new fields in the record format. Something like P_Rev, P_RevNotes, etc.

Then text linked to any of those "regular record format" fields can be placed multiple times in the title block symbol.

If you need different revision data on individual sheets, you would have to use S_ fields.

In either case you edit the revision data like you edit any other data in the title block.

hth

mk

While the two fields hold the same data, they are truly separate fields. VW does not currently have a way to "link" fields together.

Even if you could, based on the way the revision record is set up I don't think it would do what you want.

The revision data is actually one big record with find names repeated 50 times with incremented numbers. So when you do the first revision the field you want would be something like revision.RevNum1. After the second one it would be something like revision.RevNum2. (I have not gone back and checked the actual record and field names.

It would be relatively easy to write a script that would look through the regions record for the last non-blank revision number field and copy that data to the title block Rev field. But this script would still have to be run manually after every revision modification.

There is indeed no field for the revision number as it's not needed. Their scripts just number them based on the parameter names. xxx1 xxx2 xxx3.

The conversion from char<>number depends on the setting in the drawing border.

This is the SDK function to unhide the object, in vs you probably have a similar function SetProperty or something.

gSDK->SetObjectVariable(RecordFormatHandle, ovFormatVisibility, TVariableBlock((Boolean) false));

ovFormatVisibility = 900 btw.