3D items dotted over

Hi,

Drawing a pergola in 3d and I want to now show this dotted over in the floor plane.

Is there a way to do this with out copying to lines and ending up with 2 lost of items that I have to deal with.

Be good to be able to draw the pergola in 3d and have the ability to show dotted over.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Kevin,

Thanks, that's amazing! the placement of the cutting plane and what's displayed above and below the cutting plane and the various ways you can display it and all controlled in the viewport if you adjust the settings of your class there.

I was going to rant about the inability to create a simple presentation drawing from a full 3D model without tracing over some aspects but it almost always comes down to an ignorance of the program.

My Dad always said if you say it can't be done you are not thinking hard enough.

Thanks

I am sure there will be more aspects with similar problems of generating a 2D drawing from a full 3D model but I am keen to show that it is possible without costing the office huge amounts of Fee time.

Edited by Alan Woodwell