Symbol report

I have imported a dwg file from a supplier into a new drawing file with loads of symbols already existing in the drawing. I have then created my own 3d model of a stage set with symbol components which includes a detailed lighting plan from which I would like to create a symbol report.....which I have done but the report includes all the symbols from the existing dwg file how can I exclude these so I only have the symbols that I have created.....I am new to reports but this will be a great addition to my work.

Basically I am trying to get a symbol count Thanks

Limit the criteria to exclude the layer or class or symbol name of the symbols you don't want or to include only the symbols on the layer or of the class or with the names that you do want.

In the worksheet view menu show the database headers.

Right click on the header for the row (It will have a little diamond next to the number)

Choose Edit Criteria

hth

mk

If you want to get a list of the symbols in the drawing and a count of how many you have for each type then you need to create a database row in the worksheet and set the criteria and formulas correctly.

Right (Control) click on the row header and set it to be a database from the popup menu.

When you get to the Criteria, set it as necessary. The primary one to set is Type IS Symbol. If you want to limit it by layer or class, add those also.

You should now have as many subrows (X.1, x.2, etc) as you have symbol instances.

In the database header row (just X, nothing else) enter the formulas for the data you want. You need to enter one formula to identify the symbols, I recommend =S which will give you the Symbol Name.

In another column enter =Count

You will now have a list of each symbol instance with a count of 1 next to it.

Select the header row (or any other row) in the database. Drag the SUM tile from the top left of the worksheet into the column header (i.e. A) for the column that has the Symbol Name in it.

You should now have a list of each of the types of symbol with a count of the number of instances next to it.

Let me know if this needs more clarification.