Ghost Geometry

Fairly large problem:

I'm moving along with a set of construction documents, and suddenly I've got some ghost geometry showing up in my sections and elevations. They are 2 Extrude Along Paths (window trim) that do not show up when I "go into the model" in wireframe or Open GL. But in all of my viewports, they are shown.

They were meant as window trim, but as the windows have changed, I need to edit the location of the mouldings, but I can't do that because there is no trace of them, even when all of my classes and all of my layers are turned on.

I wish they'd just disappeared, as things sometimes do, because I have plenty of backups where the objects are functional. But I can't even delete them! Do I have to create a new file and copy each layer separately and then re-do each viewport? It will take forever.

Thanks for any insights as to how this may have come about or may be fixed.

Amelia

VW 2015

Are you using Design Layer Viewports or Auto Hybrid objects containing those objects. Both of these can leave unexpected visual ghosting. With Design Layer Viewports they don't necessarily updated when you update a Sheet Layer Viewports that looks at / contains them. And with Auto Hybrids they don't automatically update if you turn classes on and off, they only update when you enter and exit their edit mode.

Kevin

I've seen EAPs become corrupted and displaying a rudimentary approximation of a more complex object.

Try this - from the Ghostbusters' manual

On a test file:

Turn on all Classes (your profile/path may have a class hidden)

When you see the ghost turn off layers to identify what layer it is associated with.

Custom Select any EAPs on that layer

Unlock & Delete them all.

If you can identify the errant object you can investigate its path & profile. It may be that you have performed a solid subtraction on an EAP - they don't always like that.

bcd,

I've established that it is associated with my Level 1 layer.

When I turn on all of the Classes (when I'm in any design layer), I do not see the ghost. When I turn on all of the Classes in a Viewport, I do see the ghost (if Level 1 is on).

I tried to custom select and delete all EAPs (first in Level 1, then in the entire file), but the ghost still appears in the viewports. Please see attached screenshot comparison.

Also, when I turn on all of the classes, and have only the Level 1 layer on, and copy everything there and paste it to a new file, the problem is resolved.