viewport with clipcube

joerg

how is it possible to create an sheetlayer-viewport (not an sectionviewport!) with a clip from a clip Cube.

for instance: i want to look in an room with an RW camera from different sides with cliped walls..

when i create a view on an designlayer no problem but when i create an viewport on an sheet layer the clip dissapears...

is there a trick?

• 1 month later...

it's been a while... and i was on a deadline for a project so i worked even more complicated arround with saved views.. and now found the time to try what you suggested but cannot replicate that on the sheetlayer viewport the clip disapears.

so what do you do exactly?

first Designlayer lets say Layer 1 draw the geometry

than create layer viewport on new layer 2

than with this layer only visable make a clipcube clip

than set a renderworkscamera and have it's view visable

than create a sheetlayerviewport with the Camera activated

than it does not display the clip on the sheetlayer all walls closed...

what am i doing wrong?

Hi Joerg,

The way I have managed this is to create a design layer viewport and then create a sheet layer viewport looking at that (with a RW camera). Bit of a long winded way of doing things but it seems to work.

thats how I do it. Use a Section viewport on a design layer, set up a Renderworks camera, then make a viewport from that. Just remember that you have to update the design layer section viewport and the sheet layer viewport to get the updated view.

I have covered this in a webinar:

http://learn.archoncad.com/2014/07/16974/3d-model-special-interest-group-june-2014/

• 3 weeks later...

I encourage the use of saved views for this. In fact I find myself having 3 for a single section.

• Sheet Layer Section - ready to print
  • Section Layer - view the DLVP and draw rather than annotating the sheet
  • Live Section - clip cube in place for working in 3D section

Note also that sometimes the viewports don't update in the proper sequence before printing. Make sure the DLVP is OK first.