Beam Angle 2 & Field Angle 2 Missing From Symbols

I have recently encountered a problem when trying to display beams on lighting fixtures in VW 2013 SP5. I import a fixture from the library, assign a Z height, assign a focus point, and turn on the beam but I see only a straight line rather than a cone. If I switch from top/plan to a side view I see the cone I am expecting. Looking at the beam and field angle information for the fixture the "Beam Angle 2" and "Field Angle 2" fields are set to 0. If I fill them in to match the "Beam Angle 1" and "Field Angle 1" fields everything is good. This is happening with fixtures I am importing from the library and have not modified in any way. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How do I add the second beam and field angles to a symbol in the library if it is missing? Thanks!

Spotlight gets its default data from the Light Info Record, which is attached to each symbol. You can find out more about the LIR in the help system. VW 2014 includes Lighting Symbol Maintenance, which makes batch editing of the Light Info Record easy.

As you are using VW 2013, you may want to look the Instrument Maintenance command in my Savvy Symbol Key plug-ins.

http://benghiatlighting.com/software/products/savvy-symbol-key

Regards,

Josh

Looks like the Martin MAC 250 Entour, MAC 25+, MAC 250 Krypton, and MAC 250 Wash are all missing Field 2 and Beam 2 data. The other MAC 250 units have data for those fields.

Just use Instrument Maintenance to copy the Field data to Field 2 and Beam to Beam 2, hit OK, and when prompted, tell it to update.

mk